Saturday, December 30, 2006

After 3 years of having a PC at home, I decided that the main computer in the house should be a Mac. We have two portable Macs, too: one PowerBook G4 and a MacBook Pro. but still my old PC just wasn't cutting it anymore. I had dual-boot: Linux and Windows but my Windows just started getting more and more finicky, until one day it just decided to crash. Now I cannot access it at all. I can't even wipe it, because Linux probably overtook the MBR (master boot record), so it would be a pain to repair it. At any rate, I cannot use FileMaker Pro under Linux, and it's been cumbersome to work on my old PowerBook. Though, have to admit, the convenience of being able to work from bed is a blessing.

So, let's welcome Mac Pro to the family! He's handsome, tall, sleek and fast as lightning. Now I just need to transfer all my important files and music.

But now I need to learn about the Standards of Practice for Investor Relations (homework).

1 comment:

Christina said...

Whoo! What a fitting start to a new year, having another Mac added to our little Mac family. Welcome, Mac Pro!